Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Big "D"

I've just returned home after 2 days in the city of humidity and high-rises. I had to go to Houston on a site visit to check out the Convention Center as well as 8 potential conference hotels. I will begin by saying the hospitality was amazing, I was given total V.I.P treatment, and I had more nice meals crammed into 36 hours than I have enjoyed in the last year. So, thank you for rolling out the red carpet, Houston. As I sat in my enormous suite with amazing downtown views, 2 bathrooms, a board room table, and a "sitting room" I couldn't help but people watch. You see, I had a birds eye view of Minute Maid Park, and the Astro's game had just ended. I sat there thinking, "Man, I wish it would be baseball season when we have our conference. WAIT, It is basketball season. Maybe we could do an event at the Rockets game. MAN, I wish it was a Mavericks game!"

So that got me thinking.....Who's side are you on? I have many college friends from Houston, and of course, I grew up in the Dallas area. I L-O-V-E me some Dallas! I've grown up going to Cowboy games, Ranger games, Mavericks games, and although we have surely had some down (let's be honest BRUTAL) years/teams during my days as a loyal fan, I can't turn my back on my first true love. Who do you root for?

Dallas vs. Houston
Cowboys or Texans...DA BOYS!

Mavericks or Rockets...me=MFFL

Stars or...... EXACTLY! Dallas is tite!

Rangers or 'Stros (Even Nolan liked the Rangers better!)

Dallas traffic or Houston traffic

Dallas Galleria or Houston Galleria (No brainer....I'll give Houston this one)

So you see my friends, I do believe Dallas is superior! I knew once it was clearly outlined you would see things my way. But to all of my Houston friends, I still love you. :)

2 comments:

Chopsticks and Pearls said...

You didn't mention all the restaurants, the museums, the prime geographic location to several fun weekend trips (only 1 hour from the coast, and only 4.5 to New Orleans) ...I could go on and on. Houston all the way!!!!

Elicia said...

I am going to have to agree with you on this one! :)