Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Find your fam...

All of your Christmas cards were fabulous this year! I always love seeing people's families and pets. The photo cards revolutionized Christmas cards did they not? I love getting your pictures. In fact, last year, I didn't want to just throw them away, so I ended up keeping them. Then, we moved back in September and I found them all and thought, "Now why on earth did I keep these? What am I going to do with them?" And they got tossed. I apologize greatly, but just think....you threw mine away last December 26th! We're even. :)

This year, Martha came up big and actually gave me an idea I could use. Usually it's cutting snowflakes out of doilies and things similar, but this one turned out fabulous if I may say so myself. I wanted a way to display my cards and couldn't find a cute wire hanger thing without ordering one, so I went to the drawing board...or rather the backyard. Dave got his ladder, we consulted in the backyard, he used his mad saw skills to cut 3 perfect branches for me, I got some ribbon and beads at Hobby Lobby and the rest is history. You can find your family on my card tree! Oh, and these pictures were taken about 2 days before Christmas, so if you don't see your family, don't flip. I got about 8 cards between Christmas day and the day after. They are on the tree, don't you worry! They just didn't make the photo-op. XOXO

6 comments:

lesli said...

OH, yours turned out so cute! I love picture cards too! Also, I didn't get to tell you yesterday but your post about a texas christmas was so cute and funny! happy new year, friend!

Katie Norwood said...

This is SO cute! It looks like it should be in a magazine. I'm totally stealing it next year. I let Martha down this year by not sending cards. Life just got away from me and I didn't do it!! Next year!

kristin fulghum said...

yea martha! that is so cute.

keely said...

Don't worry, I save mine for at least a year! =) Love the arrangement!

Elicia said...

That is so cute, I love it!

Jamie said...

Okay so I was cruising around the net and stumbled upon your adorable site. I've so been wanting to do a card tree but on a real Christmas tree, which is totally not practical with the baby getting into EVERYTHING! So this is the answer I've been looking for...Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I'm making this little baby today!