Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Papa!

Happy, happy birthday to my papa! Today we celebrate you and what you mean to us! My papa has been there for me and been my biggest fan as long as I can remember. Probably because he was my biggest fan before I was born. I know it's tough to imagine, but I was a softball player at one point, and Papa would sit on a bucket in his backyard for hours (or maybe it just seemed like hours when I was 12...) and catch me while I practiced my pitching. He was a tough old bird, making me practice and work on my "form". He has always been serious about "ball" and always wanted to see us succeed.

I knew I could always count on papa to be at school on grandparent's day, and head to Duncan, OK on Friday nights when I cheered in high school. He has done the same for Taylor and Kristen. We always know that we can count on Nana and Papa to be there for us and support us in whatever we choose to do. We are blessed.
"I'm going to turn my hat sideways like Fifty Cents!"

Happy Birthday Papa! We love you!!

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." ~Jane Howard

No comments: