Monday, March 2, 2009

Back in the Saddle...

Allow me to re-introduce myself... Hi, my name is Tiffany. I officially fell off the face of the earth for a while, and as I've mentioned before, I don't have a laptop, a Blackberry or an iPhone. I know, I'm a miserable excuse for a 21st century woman, and a blogger at that!

I've been out of the loop as I was kickin' it in San Antonio and taking in 20th story views of the Riverwalk. Why 20th story views when I could just walk it you ask? Well, because I worked from approximately 6:45am-10:45pm almost every day last week. I am a meeting planner for a non-profit association and we had our Annual Conference last week in San Antonio, TX. My Superbowl if you will. It was wonderful, a lot of fun, a LOT of work and completely draining. And I can now say that the 2009 conference is behind me. Praise the Lord!

I existed on a diet of "made-at-your-table" guacamole, TAZO Passion Fruit tea, chips and salsa and the occasional margarita. Those of you that know me are thinking to yourself, "What's new??" And you would be right. But that guacamole was second to none, and I make a pretty mean guacamole! Mom came to visit for 2 nights and attended our big bash on Wednesday night. She hit up the dance floor with me and it was a great time. I didn't get a ton of time to spend with her outside of when she came to my events, but it was so nice to share that with her, have her see what I do, and have her there. Thanks for the support, mom! All of my co-workers got to meet her, and she got a mini-vacation in good ol' San Antonio!

I'm glad to be back home, I'm glad to be blogging again, and I will try to not take such long vacations from the blog world. I'm saving my pennies for a laptop, but we're in a recession people! I can't be spending like it's my birthday! Oh wait...... :)

On the blog hiatus note...when I got home my mom said this to me, "I'm glad you're home! Get some rest and then go blog! I had 3 people ask me at the shower last week why you didn't post a Fabulous Find Friday! I told them you were extremely busy, but I don't think they cared!" Ha! Well, I'm sorry to have let you, my faithful reader (notice that is singular) down. I apologize for my DAY JOB!! But I do promise to have something truly FABULOUS this Friday!!

Love y'all, and I missed you too!! XOXO

Oh Behave Baby!

Our DJ for the Wednesday night event. Sorry the picture is blurry...mom took it with her iPhone because she is much cooler than I. Maybe we should get HER blogging...

3 comments:

Katrina said...

We are glad to have you back!! What a sweet mommy :) I hope I can be that supportive...

katie newton said...

I LOVE IT! :) I have been MIA too, in fact, Katrina scolded me in a personal email... telling me to get it together. You have inspired me... I think I'll update mine, in just a minute. :):)

Kristen said...

Oh thank goodness...you're back :)