Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Passion...and a new blog!

What really lights your fire? Gets you going? Makes you think? What is something that is so important to you, that you spend time in thought, in prayer, supporting it financially, or spend time on it physically?

I'm going to tell you mine...finding a cure for breast cancer! Seriously...I feel certain it can be done! I'm prayerful that it can be done!

Most of you know that my mom is a survivor! She is 2.5 years cancer free, and that is one of my life's greatest blessings. Many of our friends and family have rallied around us for years in support of a cure. We have had teams of 40+ people walking the Austin Race for the Cure. In the past 4 walks, we have raised over $10K (not including walker registration fees!) for the Susan G. Komen Foundation! WOW!! Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

This year, we are embracing a new challenge. Mom, Kristen, me, and mom's best friend Coleen will be walking 60 miles in the Komen 3-Day. We will be participating in the Dallas/Ft. Worth walk November 6th-8th. We will need to raise $2,300 EACH and train for 28 weeks. We are SO excited about this mental, physical, emotional and financial challenge.

We want to take each of you along with us, so we have started a new blog! www.oursolepurpose.blogspot.com We will chronicle this journey....training to the finish line. I'm sure there will be much laughter along the way (Did you read my blog about our 5 mile walk that ended with a molten chocolate cake at chili's??) as well as challenges. I do hope you will join us along the way!

Love,

Tiffany
Me and the reason I'll walk 60 miles...my mom

1 comment:

Laura said...

This is SO cool! I keep trying to convince my boss that we need to do it!