Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Happy!

I always get emotional when friends are celebrating anniversaries or I hear older couples proclaim many years of marriage. It seems that the institution of marriage has become somewhat under appreciated and so I always find it exceptionally refreshing when couples celebrate another year together.

When David and I stood together on our wedding day and vowed to love each other in sickness and in health until death parts us we were so proud to have our families by our side to support us in that charge. We know it won't be easy and we know there will be days where loving each other might be difficult, but we can't say we haven't been shown how it's done. We are blessed beyond measure to be shown daily what a loving, supportive, Christ-centered marriage looks like by both of our parents and ALL of our grandparents! Isn't that amazing? And today, especially I would like to wish my mom and dad a very happy 30th wedding anniversary!

Mom and Dad, you have truly been an example of Christian marriage. You have been loving, faithful, selfless, compromising, forgiving, honest, respectful, and you have stayed true to your vows loving each other in plenty and in want, and in sickness and in health. I have seen you laugh together, cry together, pray together, uphold each other and never, ever give up on each other.

Thank you.

We love you. Here's to 30 more years! *PS...I chose this picture not because it's exceptionally fantastic of either of them. I mean, you can't even see their faces. But this is one of my all-time favorite pictures because it speaks to everything I just stated above about their marriage. Walking the journey side-by-side. The story behind this photo is that we were at the Race for the Cure and dad walked the entire way carrying the banner with many of our friends' names who have survived breast cancer. Mom being one of them. He stood by her in sickness and he stands by her side every step of the way celebrating her today.

4 comments:

allison said...

...aaaaand I'm crying! What a neat picture!!!!

Jillian said...

i got chills!!!

Vicki said...

My cup runneth over and I'm drinking from my saucer!
Love you ALL :)
xoxo,

Elicia said...

Very sweet, I love that!