Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just Three?

So we've all played the "what 3 things would you take if you were stranded on an island" game. And the most popular items are generally stated first like "The Bible", "Water", "Hershey's Nuggets"...oh wait, that last one was just my mom's answer. Anyways, there are the must haves.

When we were on Decade of Friendship we played a game called "Loaded Questions" and among really getting to the heart of matters like which celebrity we most think we resemble and what bumper sticker we would put on our cars (Yes, we were all a little shocked when Reams' answer was: Keep Honking. I'm reloading.) the question was asked: "What 2 items could you not live without?" It didn't take anyone long to write down their answers. I will say, our answers ALL changed at the end of our stay when our running water ceased working. We all deleted Diet Coke from our list and replaced it with running water. Amen.

But in the interest of....well, being interesting....I decided to list a few of my "must have" items in my day to day life. Like for real...can't function without it.
  • Burt's Bees. Period.
  • My Chi.
  • My Phone. I crave human contact/interaction. I think being alone (if we're assuming the whole stranded on an island thing) is what would kill me. I would end up like Tom Hanks...talking to a volleyball and going half insane. As a side note: Dave teases that my car won't go into drive without my phone to my ear. That is not at all true. He's so dramatic!
  • Snacks. I need to eat at decent times. If I start fading and don't have food....it's not very pretty. Although my tolerance is pretty strong when it's fading....it's not pretty. Get this girl some cheese nips STAT!
  • My iPod. I mean, if I were going to have to entertain myself I would at least like to have a dance party to "Gold digger" or "Yeah". (PS....I realized just how much I love my iPod when I forgot it yesterday and had to walk my 6 miles without it.....almost 2 hours with only the voices in my head. Not.Fun.)

Those are the only things I can think of right now that I for sure could not live without. What items make your list?

No comments: