Monday, August 31, 2009

Stupid Cupid...

Have any of y'all been watching that show on SOAP Network called Holidate?? It's basically 2 girls who switch cities, stay in each other's homes and set the other person up with 3 of their friends to try to make a love connection. I was skeptical at first, but most of the girls are great and most of the guys are really great too! It just opens up the dating world to a whole new city, a whole new set of guys and sometimes a whole new perspective. So it gave me an idea...last week I mentioned Dave's good friend Aaron was staying with us for a couple of days and that he is s-i-n-g-l-e! Well, on Friday, my sister and I decided that the appropriate thing to do would be to pimp him out on my blog! So the idea was pitched to Aaron over BBQ on Friday night and he's game! So game on!

Here's how it will work: I've asked him a series of questions that I will reveal about Aaron. If you have a special lady that you would like to set Aaron up with let a girl know! Just e-mail me at lifeisglamandfab@gmail.com and please include information about who you would like to set Aaron up with. Like where she (or you :) are from, what hobbies, interests, must haves/have nots you are looking for in a guy, etc. I really, truly would like to make a good match here. And, YOU might be that special lady that would like a date with Aaron. I can promise you that I know him VERY well, he wouldn't hurt a fly, this is a no-risk situation and worst case scenario you'll at least get a nice evening out of it. Best case scenario I'm losing weight for a wedding!

Without further ado....let's meet our bachelor!

*Editor's Note: My notes are in green. Some of it needed additional commentary!

Name: Aaron (I'm not gonna throw out his last name right now. If you go on a date with him I'll tell you his last name, but I hate to broadcast it to the universe)

Age: 29

Height: 5'9

Where did you go to college: THE University of Texas

Where do you live: Katy, TX

What do you do for a living: Commercial Real Estate

What physical qualities are you attracted to: A great smile.

What’s an ideal date night: Dinner, something fun and interactive like mini-golf and maybe end the night with a drink somewhere

What is an ideal Saturday morning like: Sleeping in

What religion are you: I'm a Christian

What’s your favorite meal: A rib eye, garlic mashed potatoes and a glass of Shiraz

Favorite movie: The Departed

Favorite band: Cory Morrow

If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go: I want to go anywhere I've never been. Preferable a beach with a cold drink.

What are your hobbies: Texas Longhorn Football, Golfing, hunting

How would your friends describe you: Loyal, laid back, easy going, happy, Generous. Would give you the shirt off his back.

If you could pick out certain personalities traits in a girl, what would you choose: A girl who would feel comfortable having a nice dinner with the President on Friday night, would have a blast at a football game on Saturday and enjoy chilling out on Sunday. (His point was a go-with the flow kinda girl who would be comfortable and have a good time doing any of the above....he has season tickets to UT football, so if you don't want to go with him, I will. :)

Do you want children: Yes

If so, how many: More than 1 and less than 20. I'm pretty open to discussion.

Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match...find me a find...catch me a catch!
Ok ladies! Shoot me a comment or e-mail and let's make a match!!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Hey Tiff, I love this idea! He's cute & sounds like my kind of guy. Love me some Cory Morrow! But he's a bit geographically undesirable...I've done the long distance thing & it sucks. And I've been a TX Longhorn season ticket "girlfriend widow" too! It was a bad combination...which I guess is why I'm single? HA!

lesli said...

What a fun post! Aaron is a good sport=) Any chance you can get him to go to Rockwall, so he can date Allie?

kate mendenhall said...

Aaron, you forgot to mention your love for long walks on the beach! You're a great sport and hope you find someone worthy of sharing your Longhorn tickets with. And you can cross being pimped off your to do list!

In This Wonderful Life said...

how fun!!! this is so sweet of you! I hope he has good luck!

I haven't seen Holidate but perhaps I'll watch now!