I'm telling you, Adam Sandler - The Thanksgiving Song never gets old! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving! My Grandma gets into town today, my sister, uncle and family friends get in tomorrow and then the festivities begin!
I broke the news last year that we're not a turkey family...I am unapologetic in my request for chicken and dressing and an overload of carbohydrates. But I do feel slightly sorry for my hubby who remembered, as we were driving down the road yesterday, that he would not have turkey this year. He let out a slight agonizing sound and moaned that my family is denying him the ability to eat "turkey sandwich leftovers". I told him that I will make it my personal responsibility to go to Rudy's and get him some turkey. No one wants to sit next to pouty pants crying in the giblet gravy!
We have a wonderful (and generally chaotic and funhouse) time together over the holidays and I cannot wait to see what Papa says at our pre-Thanksgiving Mexican food dinner tomorrow night...in case you missed it last year, familiarize yourself! This is the same guy who wore a snuggie last week for a photo-shoot...don't be surprised!
In honor of Thanksgiving I wanted to list a few things I'm most thankful for. Some serious, some silly, all complete blessings and I could never express enough gratitude. I'm thankful for:
- The joy in knowing that I am saved by the blood of Christ and can rest in the peace that I will spend eternity in Heaven because of His sacrifice. Thank you, Jesus!
- My wonderful husband and family. I've said it a million times, but I am so lucky. My family is so close and if there is one thing we know for certain, it's that we are loved abundantly. We have fun together, laugh together, and pray together and I honestly could not have asked for more.
- My crazy Rookie Bear! Who would have thought that a mis-guided Christmas gift could be so fabulous! Ha! Oh how I love that dog.
- I have a roof over my head, clothes to keep me warm and food to keep me fed. I know this is not something to take for granted, but I feel that lately I have been more reminded of what a privilege this really is.
- Friends who love dance parties, queso, Glee, SYTYCD and dessert...and me.
- Super sales at Bath and Body Works because they bubble bath is some of the best foaming bubble bath...and when it's on sale it is CHEAP!
- Delilah playing Christmas music starting Thursday night!
- Dave helping me with the dishes and many other household chores. He just digs in and helps and doesn't expect that any one thing will just be done by me....except for putting up the Christmas decorations....
- Yoga pants...the best moments of my life are the ones where I take off my heels and dress clothes after work and put on my "stretchy pants". :)
- Diet Coke, Iced Tea, all things chocolate, potatoes, and a good steak....
- Sunny, 70 degree Texas days!
I could truly go on and on, but in the event of time and your sanity I'll just say "Thank you". Thank you for reading about my life and getting to know me through the blog world. I hope and your family have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.