Friday, December 4, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree(S)...

I've given y'all a sneak peek of my trees this year, but The Nester is having a "Christmas Tour of Homes" day and I thought I would join in! As most of you can gather, I LOVE Christmas! I love the music, the traditions, giving gifts to others, spending time with my family, getting your Christmas cards and seeing your precious families, and celebrating the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus!

I am always so excited for the Christmas season and I tend to jump the gun with putting up my decorations. I pretty much had everything done a couple of days before Thanksgiving, but only because when we were done with Thanksgiving I could turn everything on and enjoy it for an entire month!!

We have our main tree in our living room which has all of our personal and special ornaments. Like the wedding cake my sister game me right after I got engaged on December 17th, 2005. And the ornaments we were given when we got married. We got married on January 6th, 2007, so we received several ornaments at wedding showers. I also have the ornament my mom got me, my sister, and herself after we completed the Komen 3 day in November!
The tree in my dining room is my "pretty tree". The decorations match my curtains and furniture. Dave has labeled this the "Red Raider" tree since he is a proud Texas Tech graduate, but it SO isn't a homage to Tech!! Not from this Texas Aggie!!
Our bedroom tree matched our bedding, but it has some special ornaments too. We were given a set of ornaments as a wedding gift and they are wedding blessings. Each ornament symbolizes something different. Love, faith, health, prosperity, etc. What a wonderful gift! We enjoy getting out our ornaments each year and remembering all of the special events where we collected each ornament. (It didnh't photograph very well...it looks much prettier in person! ha!)
Finally, I have my kitchen tree. It is tiny and just for fun, but I have found some fun food related ornaments over the years and so it has grown into a tree of it's own. My favorite is the cupcake my sister brought me from New York! We LOVE the Magnolia Bakery and her apartment used to be WAY too close to it! ha! I am sure going to miss visiting her and getting in the Christmas spirit in Rockefeller Center! (But I am so glad she is back in Texas and closer to me all of the other 364 days of the year. :)I know I have already shown many of you this, but I just had to put in this picture of my favorite elf...Santa's little helper...

And just in case you're wondering why I put up 4 trees...let's just say I not only get it from my mama...but I don't hold a candle to her!! Check it out...

20 comments:

Jillian said...

its all beautiful!! but i cant imagine that many decorations to put up and put away!!

kate mendenhall said...

You know you still have free lodging in NYC...

katie newton said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE IT!!! As soon as we get a bigger house (which might be never, and I'm totally content with what I have and thats all I'll say about that), I am putting a tree in EVERY ROOM TOO!!! Your moms house is awesome! It's easy to see where you get your Christmas spirit from!!! Lovelove!

The Mrs said...

Wow! I love it! you did a great job! I really like your parents house too! Wow thats a lot of trees! I would have to say my favorite is the picture of your elf ;) Thats too cute!

Ashley said...

Holy moly! Your family is XMAS motivated!! I LOVE you kitchen tree and your mom's! SO cute!!
They are all amazing.
I wonder if I will have the energy and motivation to ever decorate like that. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the tour!! :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Beautiful... I love how every tree has its own meaning... and that last picture just made me smile! :)

Joyce said...

Peaking in at your blog and I have to say that your Santas little helper is the cutest ever! I wish that Santa would bring me one as cute!
Joyce

Sarah Mina said...

I love all your themes! Especially your hubby's Tech theme because I am also a Red Raider!

Heather said...

Your Christmas trees are beautiful!! Love your decor, great job!

Kathy C. said...

I was wondering how many trees you had, thanks for clearning that up, LOL. Your house looks lovely! :) I think I can read your pup's mind..."why Mom, WHY?" :)

Jamie said...

Your trees look great! I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog on my tour of homes. I totally copied your Christmas card tree idea and wanted to give you credit. Mine didn't turn out quite as cute as yours but I still LOVE it! Thanks again for the idea!

stefanie said...

My fav was your Christmas puppy, sooooo cute!!!

said...

Oh no! An Aggie could never have a Tech tree!! ;) Just remind him of the win this year. :)

Love your trees! It all looks gorgeous!

designHER Momma said...

the dog pic - is the best!

Griswold Fun said...

Your kitchen tree is aweseome!

Jessica {lovely jubbly london} said...

wow, four trees?! Can your husband please have a word with mine? ha!

I love them all, so pretty!

Cat said...

Just gorgeous - and your elf is stunning :-)

Off to check out your mother's pics now....

Merry Christmas!

Cate

www.momentsofwhimsy.wordpress.com

Courtney said...

You house looks wonderful. I love the food themed kitchen tree!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

My favorite is your little helper. I hope that was your Christmas card picture!

In This Wonderful Life said...

your trees are precious! love them...especially the last furry one ;)