Friday, February 26, 2010

Fabulous Find Friday! (Finally!)

Y'all, I am so sorry that I took such a hiatus from FFF. It was not on purpose and I promise I will be coming your way with great finds in the next few weeks. If there is anything in particular you are on the lookout for please let me know and I will assist in the hunt!

I have to tell you guys....I am in so deep! Three of my best friends that I see at least once every 2 weeks if not more often are pregnant! It wasn't 8 months ago that we were sipping Mango Mama's, or whatever that guy called them, on the beaches of Mexico and now we're in high gear planning baby showers and picking out nursery themes! I love it! Now that we know we have one girl on our hands I am in full shopping mode. I can't stop looking for precious outfits (and I don't have to look far!) and thinking of how darling she'll be when she's hangin' out with the girls. :) I can't wait to find out what the other 2 are having!

In my quest for great baby gifts and cute party planning ideas I have turned, once again, to etsy. I don't really think you can go wrong when you have so much to choose from. I found these precious blankets that would be a great compliment to any shower gift.
Now, I am not a mom so I don't really know all the ins and outs of a great sling. Feel free to leave your tips, tricks and best advice in the comments. But, I have seen several of my mommy friends wearing slings and swearing by them. I have never been a huge fan but I have also never had to lug a 15 pound baby around! I spread no judgement. :) So I figure if you need a sling it might as well be super cute, right? I think these are both darling! Especially the camo one for a little boy!
And my complete weakness...clothing for little people! I know the pillowcase dresses are not a new concept and there are millions of sellers on etsy, but I found a few that are just too cute not to share. Looking for the perfect Easter dress for your little one? I think I've found it for under $30!
The ones below are from this seller...

Can you tell I'm ready for all things Spring?? Have a great weekend!!

PS...did anyone watch figure skating last night? Did you cry for almost an hour like I did because you were so happy for Joannie, the figure skater from Canada who lost her mom unexpectedly 2 days before her first skate in the Olympics? I literally stayed up until the end of the medal ceremony just because I wanted to see her dad when she got her bronze medal. What a hard time for them but what a huge blessing for her to win bronze and have that joy in the midst of such sadness. What am I going to do when the Olympics are over??

16 comments:

melissa said...

Isn't it crazy how one day you're sharing cocktails with your girlfriends and the next they are all making babies?!?! I love it too, though I'm jealous that you have a baby girl to shop for. We have 3 boys right now. I'm dying to buy flowered headbands & dresses.

And those pillowcase dresses are so stinkin' cute. I think I kinda want the second and fifth dresses for myself. Perhaps they make big girl pillowcase dresses? haha. Thanks for the great finds!

Sarah Mina said...

Ooh I just love those dresses for little girls! I don't have kids or nieces/nephews of my own but my boyfriend has the most precious little niece and I love shopping for outfits for her! So cute!

Amanda Leigh said...

omg! THREE friends? at once?
Maybe its time you thought about adding one!! =)

Amy said...

Oh goodness. Babies. Tiny baby clothes.

I am completely in love with the navy and white printed dress with the orange ribbon.

P.S. The blue cheese burgers were fantastic!

KW said...

LOVE all this baby loveliness! everyone i KNOW is preggo or just popped out a kiddo so i TOO am overcome with baby cuteness!

Kate said...

OBSESSED with the dresses!!! Too cute!!!

Christina said...

such cute stuff!!!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

All of those things are so so cute!

Laura said...

all this stuff is SO stinkin' cute! you are going to have to quit posting baby girl stuff or i will be broke trying to dress my 2!

Elicia said...

Super cute dresses, and you've probably noticed but I'm a sling mama. They are a lifesaver!!!

Lindsey said...

I am not a mom yet either and have not ever been sure if I was for the slings, but I think these are WAY cute!!! Love those blankets too! Looks so comfy, I want one! ha ha

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for the comment...I LOVE comments! I have looked at the etsy blanket site and am now in love. Have to go shop. =)

Virginia Belle said...

I love love love the dresses. They are too cute! I'm currently still in the everyone is planning a wedding phase but I'm sure in a couple of years everyone will be having babies at the same time. Isn't it crazy how it all happens at the same time?!?

Alyssa said...

I know that girl modeling the camo sling! hah So funny, what a small world!

Nishant said...

I think I kinda want the second and fifth dresses for myself. Perhaps they make big girl pillowcase dresses? haha. Thanks for the great finds!
party video

All About the Armes' said...

First of all, thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog about my friend's mom. It meant to much to me! :o) Also, I, too, have been shopping for lots of baby gifts for friends...all are having girls, and I LOVE the blankets you posted. I am thinking about getting one for my husband's cousin who is due in May. Love your blog & thanks again!