Friday, March 26, 2010

Fabulous Find Friday! "Oh No She Di-int!" Edition!

Swimsuit season. Ready or not...here it comes! I, for one, am NOT ready for the swimsuit business but I AM ready for sun, the lake and the pool and I'm not sure those things are possible without a swimsuit. So, I'll suck it up and do my best to find a suit that hides as many imperfections as possible without wearing a mu mu.

It's an absolute fact that spandex isn't for everyone. Can I get an amen? So can we all agree that not every swimsuit is made for every body? It may take a few trips and a few styles to find your perfect fit....It will take carnival mirrors for me to find mine but I'm over it. So in an effort to save the season before it even hits I'm showing you a few of my current favorites I've seen this season. Hopefully there's a little something for everyone!

My absolutely favorite is this DARLING seersucker suit from JCrew. Oh, I can just picture one of you tiny tan things walking around in this and it makes me slightly ill. Happy shopping.

This one would be more up my ally with a bit of tummy control and maybe some straps to support my girls. It's slimming but still feminine. This suit is from Lands End and there are tons of cute styles and mix-n-match options.
These 2 adorable suits are from the GAP and I can almost see my sister in the cute plaid top! Of course I love the ruffled bandeau but I might need a bit more support these days.
Back to a bit of tummy control, I really like this La Blanca suit from Macy's. It comes in brown, black, white, teal and this fun pink.
And just to keep it real...I'm definitely going to need a cover-up! I think this one is precious! It's a ruffled halter dress from Kenneth Cole.
Ok, I found the swimwear now someone plan the vacation! :) Does anyone already have a fun trip planned?

12 comments:

Jax said...

When Eric and I were planning our trip last year, I tried on seriously like 60 swimsuits before I found a couple I liked enough to buy. Unless your body is perfect, cute, skimpy, cheap suits just dont cut it when you're past like 22years old. For reals! They pull and stuff in the WEIRDEST places! I ended up spending quite a bit on the two I got...and they were made by like ONeil or billabong or some other surf brand that was made with thicker fabric. It's weird b/c I dont have any more issues with my body than the next girl, but most swimsuits just make me want to wear jeans and a sweater to the lake instead.. Sheesh! :)

The ones you found are super cute! I love the hot pink one a lot!!!

Elicia said...

Love those seersucker ones! Good for hiding post baby stretch marks which are very scary looking. Check out this one, isn't is adorable?

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear/Beach+Blanket+Bingo+One+Piece

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I really love the pink and blue ones with the ruching - very flattering I'm sure!

Kara said...

I will agree that Landsend has some great suits for tummy control! I got a great one there last summer and loved it, came with a little skirt too, just in case I wasn't so confident one day:)

This summer I will be sporting my beached whale suit, aka maternity swimsuit :) Oh well, it beats the heat and the little boys love water, so a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!

kristin fulghum said...

oh man i love that j crew suit! i'm with you...this post baby tummy is definitely not ready for swimsuit season! thanks for the cute suggestions.

Kristen said...

I bought a new suit last weekend..I can't wait to wear it, hurry up sun!

Happy Friday!

keely said...

Ugh, swimsuit shopping... Here's my tip: Don't go alone! Especially if you've just had a sweet bebe!

No trip planned yet, but I'm working on one for me and the Mister!

busygirl said...

LOVE that jcrew suit, might have to invest in that one!

Megan said...

L-O-V-E the seersucker suit! Might have to go try it on. I am worried it might be too small in the top. Thanks for sharing! I think we'll be heading to Port A in July, nothing too exciting!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love the stripes - so cute!!

Natasha said...

I want both of those GAP bathing suits-- they are adorable!!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the swimsuit tips! I need all the help that I can get!