No, I don't have a fever. I'm not sick. I'm just kind of boring right now! And I kinda like it! I finally had a bit of a down time this weekend and it was simply glorious! Glorious in a "I only put 30 miles on my car this weekend" kind of way. So, I don't have much to report except for the following:
- The Loj's Italian Wedding Soup is so stinkin' good and I made it for dinner Friday night. I have leftovers so I just might have it again tonight!
- Dave was out of town for his annual "Guys Golf Weekend"...which means 3 rounds of golf, lots of chest beating, poker, red meat, whiskey and considering a dip in the Frio River your daily shower. I would like to point out there was a DETAILED food spreadsheet put together by my husband. It outlined each meal and the items needed to fulfill said meals, snacks, and additional items such as charcoal and lighter fluid, and toothpicks. He left no stone unturned. I went with him and his spreadsheet to HEB and as the cart began filling up I noticed multiple packages of Nutter Butters and Oreo cookies, a box of Goldfish that would feed a small army, steaks, fajitas...the list goes on, but the list didn't include One.Single.Vegetable or fruit item. Do you think that was an oversight or purposeful omission?
- I went to see "Letters to Juliet" with my dad, mom and grandmother. I had been looking forward to seeing it since I saw the preview during New Moon. And if I lost all credibility with New Moon then you didn't have a prayer at liking L2J!! Back to Saturday night...so we talked dad into date night with 3 of his best girls (we missed you, sister) and he was a good sport by agreeing to see Letters to Juliet. About 15 minutes in I knew this was a big mistake. I'm not going to say the movie was horrible, but it was definitely slow and could have been a lot better. I really like Amanda Seyfried, and she is an amazing cryer, so I'll give her that much. But catch this one on DVD....
- Miss USA...did you watch? Ay-yi-yi...Is it getting worse or am I getting older? Miss Michigan was my least favorite of the top 5....She had some crazy hip action going on when she was strutting her stuff. The evening gowns were gorgeous!! Miss California ROCKED it with the evening gown....and Miss Maine's was a little bit "safe" but I thought it was stunning!!
- And finally....get excited for Fabulous Find Friday because we're going to have a guest blogger! She's a product guru and has great ideas and "must have" items for the Summer! I can't wait to find out what I need to have in my arsenal this season!