Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It Takes My Breath Away...

I realize this blog title is no help. Usually, you can read someones blog title and form some sort of conclusion or opinion of what the blogger is going to discuss. In this case, by giving you the information that "It Takes My Breath Away" I could be talking about the trailer for Eclipse, the number of unpedicured toes I've seen in ill-fitting sandals, or even the "bless his heart" moment on the bachelorette last night. I know what you're thinking...."Which one??" And you would be right, but I'm specifically talking about Casey serenading Ali and her attempt to not laugh. Fail.

Although those are all worthy of a blog post, the topic at hand is my recent trip to Lake Tahoe. It was fabulous. It was relaxing, refreshing, 65 degrees and sunny rather than 99 degrees with 99% humidity, and most of all it was utterly breathtaking. I just kept thinking to myself that God is so good and so creative.

Dave turned 30 last month and my gift to him was a trip to Lake Tahoe. Neither of us had ever been and it looked like a place we would enjoy. Most importantly, it had amazing golf courses which was the key ingredient for the birthday boy! We spent several days hiking, eating, exploring North and South Lake Tahoe, taking a million photos (you think I'm kidding...567!), more eating, playing 2 golf courses and just enjoying such amazing beauty everywhere we turned. From the crystal blue water to the snow capped mountains it was truly a sight in every direction!

We're ready for Lake Tahoe round 2! Here are a few (or 30) pictures from our trip. I might have taken several landscape photos...I couldn't help myself.
Dave may or may not have originally had the pine cones in another area before I informed him that his mother would be seeing these...
Much better seeing these little boogers in the wild than in my bathroom!
Just taking a little breather and enjoying the view...
The views from the golf course were stunning. One direction was snow capped mountains and the other was the lake...
On Saturday we drove to South Lake Tahoe and went to Edgewood Country Club where the Celebrity Golf Tournament is held...it was stunning! We walked on the beach, I braved the COLD water and we took a few pictures of the course.

We had an amazing time! As you can see, it was nothing short of gorgeous....I'm thinking of future trips...couple's trip, girl's trip, family trip....sign me up!

*I've had a couple questions about the following: If I asked people to take all of these pictures of us? No, I didn't ask people to take our pictures, I took a tripod! It works fabulously. You don't have to bug people, you can take multiple pictures if it doesn't turn out the way you want it, etc. And why can't you click on my pictures and enlarge them? I have no idea! If anyone knows how to make that happen let me know! XOXO

27 comments:

KellyV said...

beautiful pictures - they make me want to plan a trip asap to Lake Tahoe!

Esmer said...

Love, love, LOVE all your pictures!! Glad to see you had fun while we were all slaving away at the office! :)

jayme said...

wow, your pictures are AMAZING. each are frame worthy! :)

Amanda Leigh said...

Cant decide if its your mad picture taking skills, or the scenery... but those pics are amazing!!
I think I want to go to Lake Tahoe now...where did you stay?! =)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! We stayed at the Hyatt in Incline Pass. In North Lake Tahoe. We really enjoyed it because it was a more relaxed town...it felt really local rather than touristy. Then there was ME with the camera and tripod! ha!

Sole Matters said...

wow, lake tahoe is absoutely GORG!!!!

Jessica said...

oh my goodness, how beautiful!!

Kristen said...

The pictures are gorgeous...it almost looks like you are photo shopped in becuase they are so clear!

Kelsey Claire said...

Looks like y'all had a fabulous trip! Loved all the pics and was insanely jealous while looking at them!

Shelby Bukhenik said...

What a beautiful trip you had! I am jealous!

arg said...

So pretty! And genius tripod idea!

Susannah said...

Beautiful! Pristine lake pictures!

highheeledlife said...

Beautiful scenery! I can see why you couldn't resist clicking the camera. Great suggestion on the tripod! HHL

Laura and Ryan said...

Your pictures are beautiful! What a gorgeous place!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Beautiful, beautiful - what a lovely trip!

Tatum-LeTard said...

This is absolutely amazing and makes me want to go soooo bad! My finace has been, so I think he needs to plan this trip for poor pitiful me who has NOT been... haha! These pictures are breathtaking - I love the second to last one. And you guys look like you had a blast. What a fun couple you two look like!

Sarah Mina said...

It looks beautiful! I might have to plan a trip there sometime soon! I can't believe you got so close to that squirrel, I would have stayed as far away as possible!

Unknown said...

Girl, I have a zoom lens! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, your post title totally fits the pictures- they are absolutely breathtaking! I had to go back and read your squirrel post, haha, cracked me up!

Jamie Pickle said...

I love Tahoe. We have a cabin there so I have spent a lot of time up there. I don't know which season I like best. Beautiful!! Glad you got nice weather.

Samantha said...

You'll definitely have a few new framed wall photos out of that batch! Absolutely stunning!

Lake Tahoe usually never comes to mind when I think of places I'd like to vacation, but now I can't wait to plan a trip there!

Sara McCarty said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS pictures!! What a fantastic trip! I've always wanted to go to Tahoe. My husband and I are taking our 1 year anniversary trip to Vail in a few weeks and this post has made me so excited for the moutains!!

Alyssa said...

I have got to go out there! I love all the pictures of you and your hubby.

Chic Runner said...

I love all the pictures! You guys are so cute and I'm glad you had a fabulous time! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those pics are absolutely incredible. I wanna gooooooo!

Lissa Michelle said...

ahhhhh i've never been to tahoe and this just makes me want to go SO BADLY! gorgeous pics.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! I am glad I saw them...we're contemplating a trip to Tahoe (neither of us has been before), and this post pretty much sealed the deal!