Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...

I guess I need a little drama, with a side of crazy, in my life. I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame, or like my friends to a bowl of queso. It was never more apparent than last night when I was watching sissy boy Frank lose every ounce of creditbility he might have had left while he whined and cried (for the zillionth time) about whether or not Ali really liked him, and if :what they have is real". Ah-yi-yi...My friend Esmer twittered it best: "Frank, your whining is wearing me out. Cowboy up or quit the rodeo!" Amen and Amen.

Chris on the other hand....be still my beating heart. He is just too good for her. I think Ali is fine, she's just whatever. She doesn't blow my socks off and I don't dislike her. I just really like Chris and his family and I think he needs a really great girl to complete the good thing they have going. I cried at least twice (which just isn't shocking these days) while his dad was talking about his late wife and the love they shared. It looks like they raised 3 great kids and have done their best to instill love, committment, compassion and a servant heart to each of their kids. You know, from what I can tell in the 10 minute hometown date montage.

I might have to turn in my credibility card...because clearly Chris has me wrapped around his little pinky and ready to offer my sister's hand in marriage to him because I think he's swell. Except for that whole Cape Cod thing...we're gonna need her to stay a bit closer to the Lone Star state...

I digress. After 2 good hours of my life were given to the bachelorette, 2 hours which I can never get back, I flipped over to the real deal...the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Talk about crazy...
It shocks me to know that people really live like that, fight like that, act like that...It's unreal to know that their kids see them act the way they do. They're a few grapes shy of a fruit salad! But I was watching, which is what they want.

Save the drama for your mama,
T-Rog

5 comments:

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I couldn't agree more about Chris! Love him! And Ali - I mean, they all keep going on about how she's the smartest, prettiest, funniest girl they've ever met and I just don't see it. There's nothing wrong with her, but there's nothing that spectacular either (in my opinion).

And RHONJ - last night was an epic one, but I think I like it so much because I'm fascinated by their behavior. No one I know would ever act like that. It's just soooo good!

katie newton said...

Seriously, when Chris held Ali's chin last night and said "Damn, your cute"... I kind of squeeled! :) I think Ali needs to pick Roberto and let Chris be the next bachelor.

And please, don't start recycling. :):) LOL! We are probably the only people on the planet that don't!!! :):) And if you do, then that means I will feel really guilty!

Lisa Marie said...

OMG!!! i LOVE Chris too!!! He is such a sweetheart! And not too bad on the eyes either ; ) I cried a couple of times while listening to his Dad too so don't feel bad

tootie said...

I agree! Chris is definitely a sweet and classy guy. If she doesn't pick him, maybe he'll be the next Bachelor?? :)

Virginia Belle said...

Total Chris fan! Especially after the family visits. I will lose all respect for Ali if she does not pick him, he's perfect!