Thursday, September 2, 2010

9-02-10

When I was in junior high and high school I always looked forward to Wednesdays. That was the day that I got to hang out with my friend Kelly. We would laugh and talk, and I thought she was so cool because she was the prettiest girl in school. Most of the time, her best friend Donna would come hang out too. I liked Donna, it just seemed like she always had drama going on with her boyfriend, David.

There was this guy, Dylan, who Kelly was dating. He was kind of the "bad boy" and everyone always warned her that he would break her heart but it didn't matter. He was her lobster and they always found their way back to each other. I always had fun hanging out with Steve. He was kind of the class clown and he definitely kept everyone entertained.

We had a lot of fun on Wednesday nights though...that was kind of "our night". We would all get together at the Peach Pit and Nat would make us his awesome burgers. Ahhh...the good old days...

Today, on 9-02-10 it's only fitting that I relive my adolescents. I kind of feel like 90210 started it all. Dawson's Creek, The OC, One Tree Hill....all of the teenage soap operas were pioneered by the one that started it all. I still love a casual Saturday morning with "Breakfast in Bed" on the SOAP network. Nothing like a day at West Beverly High to take me back to 15.

How did you spend your Wednesdays? Did you watch 90210? Did you have watching parties with your friends? If you went to West Bev, who would have been your BFF? Who did you have a crush on? I think my best friends would have been Kelly and Donna and I probably would have had a crush on/wanted to date Steve. Or maybe Brandon...he's kind of the strong semi-silent type. Ah....high school....

6 comments:

KatiePerk said...

My bff shelley and I used to watch the episodes together. She was at her house and I was at my house but we would be on the phone watching it and discussing. That is why my parents got me my own phone line!

Liz said...

I wasn't allowed to watch 90210!!! But now when I see it, I'm like... there was basically a moral to every episode. WAY more "wholesome" than the stuff on TV now!

Kelly said...

I loved 90210 although Dawson's Creek was my favorite tennage soap. I never really liked Steve. I would have been aftr Sylan. Love the bad boy type.

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Just found your blog all the way from Spain!
I loved 90210. Coming from the UK, it seemed like a very glam high-school; everyone had fab cars and came from fab homes. But I guess that's what can be expected from that particular post-code.
I really like Andrea (I think that was her name?) The girl who was the writer? Of course loved Brandon.

Katie said...

Loved, loved, loved 90210! I still find myself watching it on Soap Net as well. In fact I was just telling my bff this morning that when I'm on maternity leave I'll be watching Soap Net everyday! And, although I wasn't supposed to be watching it I always did and was in love with Brandon and Dylan! My bff would have probably been Kelly as well. Thanks for bringing up the good ol days ;)

Heather Bug said...

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I know, a camel in a pasture...crazy!! HA! :) My husband said that camels scare off wolves and coyotes so I guess that's why there was one in a cow pasture. So funny! Oh yes, I used to watch 90210 back in the day! Hope you have a fabulous day!!!