Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Southbound 35....

Y'all are so mistreated. I've neglected the blog a tad and thrown you an occasional bone lately with a recap post and I've been anti-funny because frankly I don't have the energy to try to be funny. I expended all of my energy trying to get a room full of middle aged meeting planners to dance to "Proud Mary" tonight. I will say, I was successful and it was entertaining. Don't underestimate the humor in a 60 year old man with gold toed socks (I know because his shoes were off while he was cutting a rug) "getting low" to the "a little bit softer" part of "Shout".

If you currently have a mental picture, you're welcome.

All I know is that in the past 96 hours I have spanned about 726 miles of Texas and tomorrow I will add another 250.
I started here...

Then I went here...for the Texas vs. Tech game... (Lubbock)

Then I flew here for a work conference... (Dallas)

And tomorrow I get to go back here....and sleep in my own bed.

It's been fun, it's been exhausting, it's been educational and it's been worth it, but I'm ready to be home and see my Rookie bear! Spreaking of Rookie...Dave sent me this picture today...he got home from work and we usually come in together. He said Rookie stood at the door for about 2 minutes waiting for me. BREAK.MY.HEART. Look at those ears....

There's no place like home...Happy Tuesday Friends!

5 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

nice mental picture! glad you're almost back home. now go eat some chuys.

Lauren said...

Awww...your poor baby misses you! Glad you're headed home...there truly is no place like it!

Liz said...

AWW! The Rookster misses you!!! Sad. :(

I miss you, too. Maybe if I go sit outside your house and stare longingly at the door for awhile, Dave will take a pic and you will be sad enough to come home to me, too. :D

Jordan said...

Glad you're getting to head home! Don't you love knowing the pups really do miss you? :)

Sara McCarty said...

Oh my goodness, Rookie is breaking my heart! What a sweetie that he's waiting for his mama. I've been in Chicago for 3 days now and my husband said our animals are both sleeping in bed with him, in my spot! I have a feeling they're not missing me as much as enjoying my absense from the bed. More room for them. stinkers.