Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today...

My heart always skips a beat when I see Pioneer Woman's blog's titled "Today..." in my Google Reader. Why, you ask? Because I go and comment along with the other 150,000 people and actually think that I could have a shot at winning the mixer or the Fiestaware or the DSLR bad ace camera. And I'm yet to win...but don't you worry that I'm still gonna try.

I digress...although this post, titled "today", doesn't have a fancy giveaway like PW, it does have several really great things about today....

First and foremost, Today is the Loj's birthday! It's not only her birthday but it's the BIG 3-0!! It's crazy to me that I have known her for more than 1/3 of her life...That is so fun! I love you The Loj and I hope you have a happy, happy birthday!

Other great things about today:
  • The Loj's birthday celebration is happening at Gloria's and I've been looking forward to brisket tacos all day...
  • Today is my Friday! Can I get an AMEN!
  • Dave and I are going to the Texas vs. Tech game this weekend...
  • Dave and I have joined an amazing community group and we are so blessed by our new friends and the relationships we are forming
  • Those same people took a prayer request I had last week and are acting upon a great need. There is a wonderful ministry here in Austin that needs our help. They are a faith based food pantry called The Storehouse, and because of the economy they have not been getting the financial support they normally get. Because of that, needy, hungry families do not have the opportunity to get the food they need. The most basic necessity. Our group has prayed about the task of raising $7,000 for the Storehouse! In the coming weeks I will be telling you about a few ways we can make that happen. I hope you will pray about helping! $1, $5, $10, $20...it all helps immensely! We've also got some amazing, God-given talent in our group and there will be mini-photography sessions, pitching lessons, etc all given with the funds raised going to the Storehouse...stay tuned! And if you would, please be in prayer for the Storehouse. God does amazing things through this ministry and hopefully He can use us to raise a few measly dollars to reach the hungry...both physically and spiritually of Austin!
  • I hope you are having a great week! Choose joy....

XOXO~ T-Rog

9 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

I enter every single Pioneer Woman giveaway too! And every single time I'm disappointed that I didn't win. I know the odds are against me, but I'm determined to win one of these days!

Katrina said...

I love that girl (The Loj). What a gorgeous picture of the two of you.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, look how amazing we look in that picture!!! Thanks for posting that one. LOVE YOU! :D

Kat said...

I am the SAME way about p-dub. I have also not won a thing yet - but I got my fingers and toes crossed :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent ministry! Glad your group is supporting you. And I wish it was my Friday!! :)

Lauren said...

Definitely enter all the PW giveaways...someone has to win, why can't it be me?

Glad you have found such an awesome community group! Not sure what Hubby & I would do without ours!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel and John said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog. Your puppy is so so cute!