Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wham Bam Thank you M'am!

My weekend didn't stop with the wedding...I just wanted to give credit where credit was due and give it a post all to itself. I got to celebrate family this weekend. I watched as one family was created through marriage and then came home on Sunday for my BFF's baby shower. Yes, there does seem to be a lot of that lately...Bradley had her baby July 4th, L-Merc had her baby July 8th and Lynch had her baby August 28th. Now we just have the one holdout...the Loj is due on Halloween.

It was a lot of fun to get together and shower her. She isn't finding out what she's having (thought she calls baby "Buddy" which gives us the false impression that it's a boy) so she got lots of useful things. You guys have heard me talk about Liz ("The Loj") forever so you know how important she is to me. It's so exciting to see her in this stage of life. I just can't wait to hold that sweet baby. Seeing my best friends as moms is a great joy. I am so, so blessed to be able to live close to them to share in their joy and to get to know these sweet babies and love on them.

I know you're all shocked, but my girlfriends and I did not throw this shower! I just got be a guest. But it was as cute as can be! I did take lots of pictures for the mom-to-be and I got lots of ideas for future showers!
Literally laughed out loud at these napkins. The other ones that I didn't get a picture of said, "Just say no to the sign up sheet!" ha!
I don't remember what I said to warrant "the look" but It made me smile and needed to be captured on film.
The Loj and her sister who flew in from New York with a special treat for Buddy! She also recorded herself reading her/him ("shim") 5 books so "Aunt Kate" can read to baby at bedtime...of course I cried.
This will need to be on of Buddy's "staple" outfits.
Mom, the Loj and me
Sarah, the Loj, me and Lauren

My best friends...can you EVEN believe they have all had babies (outside of the Loj..obviously...) in the last 2-8 weeks? They look amazing!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Football, friends, weddings, showers...it's all good!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the minivan napkins!

LC said...

Looks like a great shower! I'm giving my SIL a shower in a few weeks and I got some great ideas from your pics. Thanks!

Sara McCarty said...

What a great shower! I'm hosting two baby showers this fall so I'm always looking for ideas. Those napkins are hilarious! And I cannot believe all your friends have had babies at the same time. You must be getting so much pressure! Ugh. I feel your pain. If one more person asks me "when" I'm going to have a breakdown! :)

Liz said...

YAY!!! Thanks for posting an "all about buddy" blog!! I love it. And thank you for being our photographer... you rule, Aunt T-Rog!!! :)

Jillian said...

I am so in love with those drink holders!! Where are they from?? And my brother was a Halloween baby:)

katie newton said...

That pic of Liz giving the look is PRICELESS!!!

Loved your sweet post!!!! So happy for all the new babies in your life.... they are so much fun!! :)

Mateya said...

So cute! How fun that all of your friends have had babies :)

Travis and Rebecca said...

What a cute shower. Can't wait to see pictures of "buddy". Oh, and T-Rog YOU look amazing! Love you girls!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Those napkins are priceless!

In This Wonderful Life said...

love all the pictures!! what a fun shower. Those napkins and sayings are my fav!

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, those napkins are CLASSIC! Great ideas :)

Love the baby shower!

I'm your newest follower!
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Lindsey said...

What a cute shower!!! Gotta love the napkins and i love how you have the drinks displayed!!

Heather said...

What a great shower!! LOve it, everything looks beautifuL!!