Monday, October 11, 2010

O Happy Day!

I am so not perfect. I don't have a perfect life, a perfect marriage, a perfect dog, the perfect body. I am so, so thankful that for some reason, a few of you read this blog everyday. I have this tiny, minuscule portion of the Internet that I've devoted to rambling about my life as if any of you really care. My friends talked me into this blog as a place for storytelling and a 3 minute diversion from their workday so I obliged. I never really dreamed anyone other than my close friends and family might stumble upon it.

I've had a few "Debbie Downer" moments but for the most part, I put my best foot forward. If David and I have an argument there really is no reason to bring you all into it. In fact, there is no reason to. It's between us and God and that's the way it will stay. But, I also never intend to put on the perception that my life is perfect. I have struggles, I have insecurities and I have bad days. But the reality is that I am saved, I'm forgiven, and I have a LOT to be thankful for!

This weekend I was driving and I just got this smile on my face and the urge to praise God! I hadn't had anything amazing happen to me (well, I really have, just not amazing on the World's scale of amazing) and I got to thinking about all of the wonderful blessings I receive each day. And how good life really is. It's the little things, everyday that make me so very blessed and so thankful. SO, I wanted to share a few of my everyday blessings and praises. And I would LOVE to hear about some of the things you are thankful for, blessed by, and reasons you are praising God today! Here are just a few of the things God brought to the forefront of my mind this weekend....

My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer FIVE years ago at the end of September...praise God she is cancer free today!
I won a Kelly Moore Bag from her twitter giveaway! I never win anything!
Dave, Rookie and I took our little family pictures this weekend. I want kids. I want a growing family, but I just had to stop and look at how blessed I am by these 2. I'm so thankful that God has given us this time together to grow in our marriage and our love for one another.
I got to spend 2.5 hours talking and watching baseball with my nana and papa yesterday. What a gift it is to have them living so close. I love them more than anything!
I get to meet my favorite babies and baby-mamma's for a patio lunch today!
THE WEATHER! Oh my word...can this season stay forever?
Jesus. I never have to do any of this life on my own.
My cutie dog who gets his hair cut and thinks he's the cat's meow!
My home. I hate to clean, I hate to spend my Friday night's at home waiting on a "siding guy" to come give us a quote on replacing some of our wood siding and I hate spending vacation money on new A/C units. But oh how I love my home. Thank you, God that you've allowed us this home to keep up.
A free weekend. The joy of a weekend with no traveling. It is so freeing to actually do laundry, do housework, paint my nails and toe nails, watch football and baseball (even if the Rangers lost....TWICE.) and just be.
My family. I am eternally grateful for the love, support and friendship I have in my family. Not sure how I was the lucky nut that landed with these squirrels, but I'll take it!

These are just a few of my many blessings....I'd love to hear a few of yours!

"Therefore I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name." ~ 2 Samuel 22:50

15 comments:

Liz said...

WHOO HOO! I love this post! Puts me in a good mood just thinking about all this awesomeness.

I'm thankful for YOU, blogs, Dandoo, my newly fixed house, my trust that the Lord is going to take care of Buddy, this weather, breakfast tacos and Sonic Diet Coke. OH... and Becky "TheCloser" Lozier. :)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey sweetie, I just wanted to thank you for poppin' over at my place with your sweet comment. Please visit often, the door of the Ponderosa is always open.

I'm runnin' so far behind in the blogworld. I just returned from Brownsville Tx. where I was spending time with my Daddy who lost his three decade long battle with Leukemia. He'll have no more pain or suffering to endure. For that I am thankful.

God bless ya and have an incredible day from the sunny hills and hollers of the Missouri Ozarks! :o)

Rebekah said...

I love this post! So many things to be thankful for!

Lauren said...

Love this post...we all really have so much to be thankful for if we'll just stop and reflect on all we have! Thanks for posting this!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great list of blessings! You won a great giveaway!!

Kat said...

Not too shabby indeed :)

Heather said...

What a great, uplifting post Tiffany! I love it!! Congrats on winning the Kelly MOore bag, I wanted to win so bad!!! Praise God your mom is cancer free, awesome news!!! He is good!!!

Angie said...

I'm thankful for friends like you, who remind me that we always have things to be grateful for in life...little or big! :)

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

I am 100% jealous times 3 that you won a Kelly Moore bag!!! Congrats - that is such a cute bag!

And yay Jesus for so many things to be thankful for :)

Sara McCarty said...

What a fabulous post. Sometimes I get very consumed with what I want at that moment that I have to stop remind myself how lucky I am and what an absolutely wonderful life I have. No, it's not perfect, but I love it and wouldn't change it for anything.

annalee said...

amen sister. couldn't agree more! such a great list!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Wonderful and uplifting post!! YOU SAID IT, GIRL!! I have my debbie downer moments as well because Lord knows neither I or my life are perfect, but good grief, I have no right to complain about anything! Very few people do!

Have an awesome week. :)

The Shabby Princess said...

Stupid Rangers! Sigh...

I'm grateful for friends and family. Especially the friends that have become my family in the seven years I've lived in Texas and thus 1,200 miles away from my biological famiy.

Kelly said...

This is a beautiful post! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me an encouraging note today :)

I wanted to donate to your 3-Day efforts but the link on your page is doing funky stuff - it may just be my computer because I'm connected to my employer's network at the moment and it sometimes causes issues with webpages loading. I can't search by participant name because I don't know your last name :) If you could email it to me (kjohnsen16@gmail.com) I will make a donation! This cause is VERY dear to me since I lost my sister to stage IV breast cancer in 2009 :( Praise God for your mom's success story!! It makes me so happy to hear these encouraging stories!

melissa said...

Lovely post. Thanks for the reminder - life may not be perfect, but it's still wonderful! Today, I'm grateful for the past five days I was able to spend on vacation with my family. We all live far apart so it was so great to spend time together.