Monday, November 1, 2010

My Bucket List...

Take me out to the ball game

Take me out with the crowd

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks

I don't care if I never get back

For it's root, root, root for the home team

If they don't win it's a shame

For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out

At the old ball game!


I got one my bucket list wishes last night as my brother, sister, Dave and I had the opportunity to go to game 4 of this year's World Series. I have been a Rangers' fan my entire life. I can remember going to games in the old Rangers' Stadium to watch players like Steve Buechele, Julio Franco, Ruben Sierra, Pete Incaviglia and of course, Mr. Nolan Ryan.

The Post Season is not something Rangers' fans are used to. In fact, it's a fairly foreign concept. So the fact that my Texas Rangers were ALCS champs and finally made a trip to the World Series was just icing on the post season cake! The interesting twist is that their opponents are the San Francisco Giants. My brother happens to play in their farm system. That does NOT mean I am torn. My allegiance is Blue and Red, but it does make for interesting discussion. And just in case you're wondering...HE does feel torn.

But thankfully, after years of talk of him being the favorite child,and Kristen and I never really thinking it had merit, he finally earned his keep. He came up big with 12 tickets to the series. Everyone in my family has had the opportunity to go to at least one game. I'm not going to lie that it made my year! Unfortunately, I was not the good-luck charm that brought them a win last night, but I'm hoping for a very MERRY CLIFFSMAS tonight!

I believe...

19 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh how fun! I was in your neck of the woods yesterday at the Cowboy's game...unfortunately it was not a good day for sports in Arlington! However, at lease we had fun, right?

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great time! There were people in our small community that had red, white and blue streamers in all the trees in front of their houses! Go Rangers!

Hailey said...

I'm SOOOOOO glad you got to go - and a little jealous too! How fun (losing part excluded)!! The World Series is absolutely on my bucket list too...and unfortunately I was headed to game 5 when the Astros made it there...and then we got swept. Anti-fun.

Stephanie said...

So jealous! Hopefully the rangers fare better tonight!

Jennifer @ MillerMusings said...

LOVE this! As another lifelong die-hard Rangers fan, I'm totally jealous though! Go Rangers!

highheeledlife said...

That is a wonderful experience! and that it was part of your Bucket List ... that much sweeter... YEAH ... HHL

Jessica said...

Aw, you are so lucky! I would die to go to a World Series game... it'd have to be for the Red Sox though. ;)

melissa said...

What an awesome, once-in-a-lifetime experience! How cool to go to a World Series where your favorite team is playing! Glad you had such a great time, even if your team didn't win.

Annie said...

I totally just sang my way through this whole post...I am sure that I am not the only one :)

Rebekah said...

Ha, is it weird that I just sang through this?? What fun!

The Undomestic Mom said...

how fun that you got to go to the game!!!!!!

Caroline said...

Awesome!!! And what a great game to go to!!

Laura said...

I am SOOOO jealous!! I wanted to go to a game so bad...but just could not part with the money. Great pictures!!! Do you mind if I "steal" some of them?? You guys should have gone to game 3 and 5 too..we needed you!

amanda said...

I'm not a Rangers fan, but I can only imagine how exciting it would be to go to a World Series game for your favorite team!! So glad you got the opportunity!

Suze said...

How fun! so Jealous! going to a world series game is on my bucket list and how special you got to go to the one seeing GWB and GWB jr out on the field! lucky duck!!!! :) so happy you got to go though ! hope your having a good day!

Joanna said...

I am now following you girlie! I love the photos! How awesome YOU were there!!!

Tiffany said...

Ooh, so jealous you got to go! My brother & sister were at the game, too. Definitely an opportunity that doesn't come around too often!

Julie B. said...

Ok. I just about didn't comment but someone has to say it...
Your brother is just as cute as he can be:) Lucky girl there with him!

I'm a married mother of two -I just can still appreciate the loveliness of a hot baseball player -my husband knows it, he's fine with it;)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Being from Dallas .... I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE RANGERS and am so very proud even more to say I'm a fan!!! Love your camera by the way as it takes incredibly photos!