Friday, August 19, 2011

A Grateful Heart...

It's Friday! Can I get an AMEN??

I'm so ready for this weekend! I have housecleaning in my Friday night future because we are so cool and hip like that. Really, it's because we played all last weekend and I have had fun after work doing things like sitting on my rear watching the Bachelor Pad and going to see the Help with sweet friends. So tonight's the night...bathrooms, dusting, laundry...if anyone wants to come help I'll order the pizza. :)

I was praying this morning and just thanking God for His blessings and provision. I think I spend so much time praying about my wants...I want a baby, I want to be patient, I want to not have my blood pressure spike and my heart race while I yell at the driver in front of me who just cut me off. I want, I want, I want.


While it's true that those things are important to me and are desires of my heart, I also desire to have a grateful heart. I have many prayers that have been answered and blessings I didn't even know to ask for that have come my way. So today, in an effort to live in gratitude and praise God from whom all blessings flow, I'd like to share with you a few things I'm excited and thankful for.

AND, I would LOVE to hear about your current blessings...big or small. Did you get a new job? Did your baby start walking? Did your baby start kindergarten? Did your husband bring you flowers just to show he cares? Did you get a kind word from your boss because of the wonderful job you've been doing? Did you do a back dive into the pool that would have scored you a perfect 10 in the Olympics? I would love to share in your joy!

Without further ado...



I am so thankful for my family. They make me laugh when I need to, they let me cry when I need to, they send me hysterical (and occasionally inappropriate) someecards, and they are always honest with me.

I'm thankful for Rookie, who hasn't been very cuddly lately, but last night cuddled with me for about 3 hours. I ended up not going out to walk/run because I was just loving having him want to sit with me. I'm sorry, let me be honest with you, I think you deserve it. I didn't go run because it was hot and I was sucked into David Feherty's new show and it was icing on the cake that Rookie wanted to cuddle. Phew...honesty is always the best policy!



I'm thankful that my brother gets home in about a month! And in an effort of being thankful and also bragging slightly...I'm thankful that his hard work and dedication has paid off with him having an outstanding season. Last week he threw a complete game shutout and was awarded pitcher of the week for the South Atlantic league!! *Big Sister Brag over*

(Photo Credit: Joseph Pun)


I'm thankful that I can live in the same city as dear college friends and watch them raise their babies. I love that I get to see them on a regular basis and know Avery, Blythe and Charlie as they grow. I love them all more than they know...

(Pictured: A, B & C)

I'm thankful for my husband, who wakes up before me every morning, showers, let's me sleep the extra 15 minutes, and then wakes me up so I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock. This past week he has been waking me up with really sweet words and it's a great start to the day.


I am so thankful...beyond thankful...for the emails and comments I have received regarding our infertility battle. Your words of encouragement and hope mean more to me than you'll ever know. Old college friends who've reached out and said hello, dear friends who've heard our story many times and sat with me while I cry, and those of you who I have never met yet you took the time to pray for us and support us during this time...I thank you. From the bottom of my heart.


I'm thankful for last weekend with Dave. Weekends are so hectic. We work during the week so the weekends are filled with yard work and house cleaning. Grocery shopping and laundry. Errand running and business. It was nice to spend an entire 48 hours together. Talking, laughing, connecting and enjoying each other. He is a good, good man and I am lucky.


I'm thankful for laughter...yesterday, as I was walking Rookie, he was just yipee-skippy. So happy to be outside. And as he was walking prancing, he was TOOTING with every.single.step! It was so hysterical...and audible! He had no idea, he was just loving life and obviously feeling better with every step. Ha! I was literally laughing out loud at my crazy, goofy, tooting dog. One thing's for sure, he's got a knack for taking it all in and loving life!



Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. ~ 1 Chronicles 16:8

They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. ~ Psalms 145:7

16 comments:

Lauren said...

what a perfect post for a Friday! we all really do have so many things to be thankful for!

w.e.schwartz said...

Beautifully worded Friday post. So inspiring and brought a smile to my face. Thank you, I am thankful to have read your Friday thoughts. :)

Sara McCarty said...

I love you! What a beautiful post! I'm thankful for friends like you that make me appreciate how wonderful and full life is. And I'm thankful for a husband that is kind and patient and loves me no matter what. I'm so thankful for my puppies Mally and Sage, they light up my life. And even thankful for our cat who wants nothing to do with me but loves my husband fiercely. :)

Mel said...

What a nice post to read to start the weekend. I'm thankful for this gorgeous weather. Summer hours Fridays off. Friends visiting from NYC this weekend. And for lovely bloggers like you. Enjoy your weekend.

Katie@Team Skelley said...

What a lovely post. New Follower over here. :D Thank you for your kind comment over at Team Skelley, I really do appreciate it! :D

Katie

Stephanie said...

I love this! I do find myself praying to God and only asking things of him sometimes. I feel really guilty when that happens. I try to thank him for all he has given me and to help remember that in the future. Honestly- I pray all day long and without being able to do that I don't know what I'd do. I'm so thankful my parents should me how to have a relationship with God. Today I'm super thankful for getting a 2nd interview and the word on the street is that they want me to come for a 3rd...that would be fantastic. Have a great weekend!

efguess said...

Love this!

Liz said...

WHOO HOO! I love this post. I died laughing about Rookie's tooting!!! That was hilarious!

And, you do have to admit, Charlie ALMOST looks like he's doing his poop face in that pic. That was nutso at lunch today... longest purple faced poop face ever.

And I totally agree about being thankful for SO many things we've been blessed with. You are high up on my list, friend.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sweet comment!
Such a great post...as someone who has also struggled with infertility (2 rounds of IVF= 2 sets of twins and I am eternally grateful!!), I know how hard that is. I'll be praying for you!! T

melissa said...

I'm thankful for you! Your posts always bring a smile to my face. You're always so positive and never fail to make me laugh. I'm thankful that after breaking twice this week, our air is working again. And that we'll have a cool house to bring our baby home to. I'm thankful for chocolate chip cookies, which make me happier than is reasonable. I'm thankful for a husband who makes me feel like the luckiest person on Earth just to wake up with him every morning.

Hope you have a great weekend!

AllThingsYummy said...

Love this post. It's so wonderful to be thankful for all that God has blessed you with.

Kat said...

This is such a lovely, heartfelt post! I am very thankful for my family too! Have a blessed weekend!

DaisyGirl said...

AMEN!!!!!! from the Friday to the tooting dog!!! Our dog will do that too and you're right...you just can't help but laugh!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Kara said...

I don't know all the ins and outs of your infertility struggle, but I have been there done that and I am always open to talk about it...seriously! God taught me so many things during the wait and He blessed me when He knew I was ready! It is hard to wait upon the Lord! I would love to lend an ear...

praying for you!

annalee said...

i loved each word of this post and your outlook on all situations. praying!

Dee Stephens said...

I want a baby too. Instead of the list of grateful - I have actually written an affirmation list on notecards and keep it in my purse.
Google infertility and affirmation list. It's helped me a lot along our journey.
We're waiting now to see if our 2nd IUI worked. Say a prayer! I'll do the same for you!