Thursday, August 18, 2011

Orange! Orange Who? Orange-you Going to Share the Recipe?

Ok, I admit that was a horrible blog title, but I'm not feeling very creative today. The good news is, I'm feeling generous which is where you benefit. :) I have a delicious recipe to share!

A couple of months ago we were out at a lake party and there were several ice cream freezers of homemade ice cream. Someone brought vanilla, someone brought strawberry (which Dave raved over) and someone brought this Orange-Crush-sorbet-goodness. I was hesitant because I'm not a big sorbet fan but it was approximately 147 degrees, and like the Wicked Witch of the West, I was melting.

It had me at hello.

It was delicious, refreshing, light, and kinda fun! I say fun because the orange crush gave it a bit of a zip! I asked for the recipe and was surprised to learn that it has THREE ingredients! It doesn't get much easier than that...so without further ado...


Orange Crush Sorbet

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

1 can crushed pineapple (you can use crushed or chunks depending on how big you want your pieces to be)

Approximately 3 cans of Orange Crush

*Notes: I made this in my Cuisinart 2-quart Ice Cream maker. If you use a large 1-gallon ice cream maker, double the recipe. Also, just fill your maker with Orange Crush until it's full. Could be 3 cans, could be 4.



Eagle Brand and crushed pineapple...



Adding the Orange Crush goodness...



And off we go! Unfortunately, I was so excited to EAT it when it was done that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. It's Orange. :) Enjoy this perfect summer treat!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmmm...this looks delish! I love our Cuisanart Ice cream maker!

annalee said...

I can't wait to try this!
And we are destined to be friends, because I just scheduled an upcoming post yesterday for a salad with orange dressing with a similar title:)
Love.

KatiePerk said...

Yum. I have the same ice cream maker and shall be trying this over the weekend!

Sara McCarty said...

Ha! I love the title of this post. And I love Orange Crush! I have the ice cream attachment to my mixer too, but I hardly ever use it. I really need to do better about that and make my own. This recipe looks incredible.

henning love said...

yum this looks so good!!

Anonymous said...

This looks amazingly delish! I may just have to go and get a ice cream mixer just so I can try it!

Mandy said...

I love that it has just three ingredients, and you can simply dump in cuisinart and hit "go."