Monday, January 30, 2012

In My Perfect World...

Last night I was thinking about how quickly weekends come and go. It's 48 precious hours spent away from work, doing what I need/want to do, with the people I need/want to do them with. The only problem is that it seems to fly by. Before I know it it's Sunday and I'm racing through the grocery store trying to figure out what in the world we're going to eat for the week and whether or not we're out of toilet paper and dryer sheets.

In my perfect world I'd be a bit more organized. I'd actually use my meal planning binder, I'd pick out my clothes each night before bed, I'd wash my hair every other day, I'd get up 10 minutes early so I could make my lunch every day, I'd have a basket in my refrigerator for lunch items to make said lunch packing easier, and since it's my perfect world an all, I'd make time to work out. Notice I said MAKE not FIND...because I can find the time for a pedicure or the bachelor or a glass of wine but I seldom find things like the time to work out. :)

Between pinterest, blogs and common sense, I'm equipped with a few tools to make my life more organized so why is it that I put it off? Is there something you do religiously that helps you get through the week?

That concludes our Monday deep thoughts...talk amongst yourselves...

8 comments:

The Kriegels said...

i enjoy my sleep so much i always make my lunch and set out my clothes the night before. those extra 10 minutes are vital ;) and washing of the hair happens rarely too.

Unknown said...

One thing that simplifies my life is using Amazon subscribe and save for our laundry detergent, TP, and other staples. I don't have to think about them anymore, just the food stuff and maybe the random new hair product I want to try out. ;) I would be all over it if somewhere in Fort Worth delivered groceries.

I try really hard to finish my household tasks before Sunday. (That doesn't happen every week, but it's a good goal.) It has made such a difference for me in my worship to the Lord to go into church Sunday morning without stuff hanging over my head or list making going on during the sermon.

Please post the secret if you get it all figured out!

Nat said...

You sound just like me!! I can always find time for anything other than the chores I need to do. One thing I do that helps is to change into my workout clothes while I'm at work because once I'm dressed and driving home I usually won't skip because I'll feel too guilty. Let me know if you find any other good tips.

arg said...

I made an effort this school year to get out of bed 5 minutes earlier. It wasn't a big change, but I'm amazed what I can do with en extra 5 minutes! I also love those "weekly cleaning" charts that are all over pinterest... I don't subscribe to the whole things, I do try to do one house cleaning thing a day (usually on commercial breaks for whatever I'm watching). It's amazing how much time it saves on Saturday morning if the counters are already wiped down or the living room was dusted on Thursday night. (Funny, I too can always find time for pinterest and blogging! :) )

AllThingsYummy said...

That sounds like my perfect world too. Only instead I snooze for too long, usually end up with my hair in a ponytail and as little makeup as possible. I really need to make more of an effort.
I find that if I set up the coffee maker, pack lunches and put all my work stuff together the night before, the morning isn't as big of a rush. Thankfully, I can eat breakfast at my desk.

Kimberly said...

I dont have time to pack a healthy lunch everyday, so on Monday I take everything I need to eat for the week to work and just make it there. Its boring but it saves $ and calories. Wheat wrap, hummus spread, turkey, cucumbers and peppers. And 5 yogurts and 5 cheese snacks for the week. It takes up a whole bag in the fridge at work.

Oh, and a cleaning lady is the best $ I have ever spent. She comes once a month and does the deep cleaning and it is soooo worth it.

Lauren said...

cleaning is such an un-fun chore! I've started paying a cleaning lady to come and do the deep cleaning once a month...then I just have to worry about picking up the clutter in between her visits!

Jax said...

I SO agree! Time flies by and I wonder why I'm not more organized sometimes. Even with blogging, I sometimes find myself on here thinking "how the heck has a week passed by and I haven't blogged?! What have I been doing?!" Sheez.